A lovely easy slow cooker recipe, I Made this for my good friends Ann and Rab Lee who were visiting from Scotland, it turned out really well and was enjoyed by all (I hope!) definitely make this one again.
500g extra lean beef, cut into bite size pieces
75g low fat natural yoghurt.
2 tbsp mild curry powder.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1 dried bay leaf.
1cinnamon stick (I used half tsp ground cinnamon).
3 whole cloves.
4 green cardamom pods.
1 large onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced.
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced.
2cm root ginger, peeled and finely grated.
200g passata. 200ml boiling hot beef stock.
Chopped fresh coriander to garnish.
1. Put beef in ceramic bowl along with yoghurt and curry powder.
2. Season with salt. Stir to mix well.
3. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in fridge overnight.
4. Add marinated beef mixture to the slow cooker pot with the spices, onion, garlic, ginger and passata.
5. Pour over the beef stock and stir well.
6. Cover with lid and cook on LOW for 7-8 hrs or until the meat is meltingly tender.
7. Check the seasoning, sprinkle with coriander and serve with runner beans, would also go well with boiled rice.