1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper cut into chunks
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or squished
45-75ml tikka masala paste (to taste)
600g skinless free-range chicken breasts, cut into 2.5cm chunks
30ml tomato purée
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tub of Quark
Chopped fresh coriander leaves to serve
Rice to serve
1. Spray a wok with fry light then add the onions and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden.
2. Stir in the curry paste, add the farlic,then cook for 5 minutes to develop the flavours (add a splash of water to stop the spices burning)
3. Stir in the chicken to coat with the curried onions. Cook for 2 minutes, add the peppers then stir in the tomato purée, tomatoes and 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then immediately turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked
4. Once cooked, stir in the quark and then gently warm through without boiling.
5. Taste and season if necessary. Scatter with coriander leaves, serve with rice.
The spice paste used in this recipe contains two syns per level tbsp, so I will revise it to use powdered spices shortly