A variation of this recipe is to make it with diet fanta orange instead of coke, it comes out like a sweet and sour sauce … Instead of mixed herbs use half a tsp or so of Chinese five spice and add some fresh pineapple chunks at the end of cooking (otherwise cooking the pineapple will ‘syn’ it)
Click here to see my video of this recipe !
(Syn free on all plans)
Low calorie cooking spray
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 can diet coke
8 tbsp passata with onions and garlic200ml chicken stock
4 tbsp tomato purée
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 large onion, diced
1 red pepper, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp dried mixed herbs (I use Italian herbs)
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1. Place a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a med-high heat.
2. Add the chicken, peppers and onion and stir fry for 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned.
3. Add the diet cola, stock, passata,tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and herbs and stir well.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium- low and simmer for 12-15 minutes. The sauce will eventually thicken and become ‘glossy’
5. Serve with plain boiled or basmati rice and/or veg to your liking.